In-Line TPM Assembly
The In-Line TPM Assembly Station is an intricate part of the tire room. The system incorporates new state of the art DC nut runners with digital feedback encoders.
- The Operator picks wheels to be processed and places them onto the wheel conveyor (normally on a conveyor prior to the Assembly Station).
- Wheels are conveyed to the proper TPM nut runner station.
- Wheels are automatically positioned to the operator.
- The operator inserts the TPM into the wheel
- The operator lowers the nut runner over the TPM stem and initiates a cycle. The nut runner system has the capability to:
- Detect Cross Threading
- Easy Program of Upper and Lower Limits
- Less than 10% residual torque loss from time of fastening to Customer Satisfaction Audit.
- When the torque cycle is complete, the nut runner automatically retracts from the TPM stem and the wheel.
- Wheels are automatically transferred out of the Station.